Direct admission of students abroad (DASA) is conducted for admission to two different programs of undergraduate and postgraduate levels in different reputed institutes of India.
For the session 2021-22, the admission for DASA would be carried on the basis of JEE Mains rank. The students are required to qualify Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) to apply for DASA.
It is a program that offers people of Indian Origin/ Non-Resident Indian/ Overseas citizen of India/ Foreign Nationals to seek admission in leading Indian institutions for Architecture, Engineering, and planning programs. The scheme is inclusive of the Indian Institute of Information Technology(IITs), National Institute of Technology (NITs) School of Planning and Architecture(SPAs), and others.
Important Factors For DASA 2021-22
Here we provide you a detailed analysis of different factors and requirements for the application of DASA2021:
|Age Limit(Note 1)
|The Candidate must be born after 1st October 1995.
|Academics(Note 2 )
|1. Must have passed Secondary Education from the 10+2 system or any recognized board.
2. Applicants must have completed their Secondary Education with mathematics and physics in any of the subjects from Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Computer Science or Biology.
|Required minimum marks
|1. 60% aggregate marks a 6.5 CGPA in the qualifying examination from the above criteria.
2. Minimum total valid score of 180 in SAT test.
|1. Must have studied in any foreign Countries at least for Secondary education of 11 and 12.
2. It is inclusive of Indian nationals and foreign nationals studying in any country.
Note 1: The DOB recorded in the Secondary Education Board of class 10th or equivalent or any other certificate issued by the government authorities
Note 2: In the concerned Architectural courses, candidates must have passed a 10 + 2 scheme with subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or qualified 10+3 Diploma Examination with Maths as mandatory.
DASA Application Process
The following steps are required to be followed for filling application form of DASA 2021:
- Filling out an online application form through an official website.
- Completion of application through online payment through various mediums on or before the due date.
- Uploading of application and relevant documents on the official website through the portal.
- Send SAT scores from College Board, the USA to National Institute of Technology, Karnataka.
Note: The address for sending the SAT Score is the following:
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal (Institute Code: 6530) DASA 2021, DASA Office, Admission Cell, Office of the Dean (Academic), National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal – 575025 (Karnataka), INDIA.
The requirement of documents for DASA application
The candidates are required to upload the following documents at the submission of the application:
- Passport size photograph in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of the signature of the applicant.
- Scanned copy of following relevant documents in JPG or JPEG format:
- Passport of the applicant and in case of a citizen of Nepal copy of authenticated citizenship card.
- Date of birth proof in the way of University certificate/ Secondary Education Board/ any other certificate issued by Government.
- Completion certificate of class 11 and 12 from school authorities.
- 2 years of education proof in a foreign country in case of NRI.
- School leaving certificate.
- Marksheet of class mark sheet of class 10th,11th, and 12th.
Other relevant documents required are mentioned below:
- Certificate from any company organization as proof of parent working in a Gulf country.
- The eligibility criteria for Indian workers in Gulf countries are the same as non-resident Indians.
DASA 2021 Reservation Criteria
The Quota of DASA includes 15% seats supernumerary out of which 5% of such seats are reserved for Children of Indian workers in the Gulf (CIWG).
The tuition fees for the candidates seeking admission in NITs and IIEST Shibpur is INR 125000 per annum or equivalent USD.
The further extension includes the applicants under the CIWG category seeking admission in Institutes other than NITs and IIEST Shibpur Are required to pay some tuition fees as Indian resident students in the institute in INR or Equivalent USD.
The following countries under CIWG Category:
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
DASA Merit Lists
It is the duty of the Admission authority to publish a merit list, particularly for different relevant courses. The applications allotted with suitable ranks on the evaluation of the marks and as per respective choices made by the candidates.
Fees Structure for DASA 2021
We provide you detail related to the revised fee structure for DASA 2021 and are mentioned as following:
|Registration Fees( Note 1)
( 1st Semester Only)
The total amount paid at registration in INR
Note 1: Registration Fees are non-refundable.
This is a tabular representation of the registration fee and first-semester fee which is to be paid for the submission of an online application at the time of registration for DASA 2021. Foreign Nationals of Gulf countries eligible for a waiver of 50% tuition fees on qualifying examinations in SAARC countries.