Indian Educational Boards
What are Education Boards in India?
India a country of diversity has many National Boards, including other state boards which are known as the higher authority to conduct the most sought Government exams in India.
School education in India is provided by various academic boards with their presence at the national and state levels. There are three national boards in our country namely the Central Board of Education (CBSE), Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), and National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). They conduct board examinations for college kids studying in classes 10th and 12th. Read more about the Boards below:
- Central Board Of Education(CBSE)
The CBSE is a National Education Board of India, 21,271 schools in India and 228 schools CBSE schools affiliated to Foreign Countries for overseas education globally. In addition, there are 1,228 Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools(KVs), 3,011 Government Aided Schools, 16,741 independent schools, etc.
The Board conducts examinations for normal also as private students. Candidates who wish to pursue schooling during a distance mode can apply for admissions and sit for exams. CBSE offers various subjects to its students after class 10th in Science, Commerce and Humanities stream. After completing class 12th, students can apply for admission to varied colleges/universities to pursue education.
Some of the favored national level entrance tests conducted by CBSE are Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST), Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET), etc.
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
CISCE may be a privately held national-level board of faculty education in India that conducts the Indian Certificate of education (ICSE) and therefore the Indian School Certificate (ISC) examinations for sophistication 10th and sophistication 12th respectively. it had been established in 1958. Over 2,100 schools in India and abroad are affiliated with the CISCE. The Council conducts board examinations for sophistication 10th and 12th per annum in February and March. The Board holds examinations for normal students only.
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
NIOS is that the board of education under the Union Government of India (GoI). it had been established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of the GoI in 1989 to supply education to all or any segments of society under the motive to extend literacy and aimed forward for flexible learning.
The NIOS may be a national board that administers examinations for Secondary and Senior Secondary examinations almost like the CBSE and therefore the CISCE. It also offers vocational courses after high school. NIOS enrolls about 3,50,000 students annually which makes it one of the most important open schooling systems in the world. NIOS conducts board exams twice a year in March/April and September/October.
There are other Indian Boards too listed Below:
- State Board
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International General Certificate Of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- UP Board – Board of High School and Intermediate Education Uttar Pradesh
- RBSE – Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan
- HPBOSE – Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education
- MPBSE – Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education
- CGBSE – Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education
- PSEB – Punjab School Education Board
- BSEH – Haryana Board of School Education (HBSE)
- BSEB – Bihar School Examination Board
- GSEB – Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board
- MSBSHSE – Maharashtra State Board Of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education