CIWG stands for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf countries. The category of CIWG under the DASA scheme was started by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India for providing service to the children of Non-Resident Indians(NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India ( OCIs), and Person of Indian Origin ( PIOs) in Gulf countries who dream to pursue their education in Top Engineering Institutions like NITs and IITs.
Reservation of Seats for CIWG category
Among 15% of seats of Supernumerary Quota of DASA, 5% is reserved for CIWG Category.
The choice of options is available to NRI applicants of the CIWG Category to take the perspective of other seats of DASA as well. The candidates are required to pay the same amount of initial fees as applicable for Non- SAARC DASA candidates to avail of the stated opportunity and the balance required amount would be refunded at the time of final admission.
Advantages of CIWG Category in DASA Scheme
There are various benefits provided to children of Indian workers in Gulf countries who wish to carry their higher education from good colleges in India. the core benefits provided in the scheme are as follows:
- Payment of the same fees as Indian students in different colleges.
- A certain percentage of Seats Reserved for CIWG students in all colleges.
Fees Structure of CIWG Category in DASA Scheme
The fee structure is approximately INR 125000/- for each student of the CIWG Category in the DASA Scheme or in equivalent USD.
Countries Under CIWG Category
Following countries included in CIWG category of DASA Scheme:
The requirement of Documents under CIWG Category
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
The following are the essential documents required to be submitted to avail CIWG Quota in DASA Scheme:
- The proof of either parent working in Gulf country with the relevant documents:
- Copy of passport of a parent working in Gulf country.
- Copy of visa of the parent working in the Gulf country.
- Copy of work permit if available.
- Certificate of either company or organization as proof of parent working in a Gulf country.
- NRIs have the same eligibility CIWG Category.
- All the required documents of the quota are essential to be self-attested.
List of Colleges and Institutions of different streams available for CIWG Candidates under the DASA scheme
There are several leading institutions that are part of the scheme and have a quota for CIWG applicants for seeking admission to different programs at the undergraduate level of Engineering, architecture, and planning.
There is the availability of different streams such as the following:
Educational Eligibility of CIWG Category of students
- Electronics and communication engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Information technology
- Software engineering etc.
- The students are required to qualify for the 11th and 12th standard of Secondary Education with compulsory subjects of maths and physics along with optional subjects from Chemistry, biotechnology, computer science, and Biology.
- Students must have acquired at least 60% off of minimum marks in all subjects of qualifying examination or equivalent to 6.5 CGPA in in respective examinations.
The students applying for CIWG criteria in the scheme must have at least two years of education including 11th and 12th in Gulf countries during the last 8 years and must have a qualifying examination from abroad.
The application process for CIWG Category DASA Scheme
- The candidates are required to apply online through the DASA NIT website for seeking admission.
- Creation of an account on the website by filling in relevant details like email id, applicant ID, and password.
- Selection of appropriate Institution and courses with priority and upload photograph with scan signature and copies of the relevant documents given below:
- Passport of the applicant
- Date of birth proof
- Marksheet of classes 10th 11th and 12th
- Proof of last 2 years of education in a foreign country in the circumstances of NRI
- Completion certificate of 11-12 from the school authority.
- Certificate of the parent working in Abroad country from the company or organization.
- The original documents are required to be presented at the time of admission to the allotted institute for the purpose of verification as per the rules and regulations of the system.